Jazz dance derives its technique from classical ballet, modern dance, and the current forms of popular dance. Jazz dance can be thought of as developing in parallel with popular music or as the physical embodiment of the popular music of a given time. The basics of jazz will assist dancers in all other forms of dance.
What to Wear:
- Form fitting t-shirts and black fitted jazz pants or shorts.
- Black leather split sole, slip-on jazz shoes.
- Tights and leotard should be worn to jazz class.
- Dance skirts, capris, shorts, or leggings may be worn over leotards.
- Hair must be pulled back, off the neck, away from the face, and secured tightly.
- Tan leather split sole, slip-on jazz shoes. Please note: Competition students may need to purchase other colors.