Lyrical is an expressive form of dance that utilizes ballet technique. The goal of lyrical dancing is to translate the lyrics, meaning, or story of the song into movement. Students interested in lyrical must be enrolled in a ballet class.
What to Wear
- Form fitting t-shirts and black fitted jazz pants or shorts.
- Dance paws or bare feet.
- Tights and leotard should be worn to lyrical class.
- Dance skirts, capris, shorts, or leggings may be worn over leotards.
- Hair must be pulled back, off the neck, away from the face, and secured tightly.
- Lyrical half shoe or bare feet.
- Recreational students (and competition students at the start of the year) may purchase Capezio or Bloch brand half shoe from a dance supplier.
- Competition students will need to purchase the Balera brand half shoe directly from the studio before competition.